Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Work woes...

I know, I know, it's Tuesday and I'm supposed to be doing a "One _____, Four Ways!" post, but I have to work this afternoon and am currently waiting for a friend to stop by. Plus, I have to get ready (since I'm still sitting here in jeans, a hoodie, no make-up, and a messy bun-yikes!), so I have to make this semi-short and really sweet.


If you didn't know, I work in a department store in the cosmetics department, and we have to wear black. ALL BLACK. If I'm feeling funky, I can wear a colored tank/tee underneath my BLACK cardigan/jacket, but since it's usually about 80 degrees in the store, I try to stick with t-shirts or lightweight long sleeved tees. It's brutal, seeing all these cute outfits in the stores and wishing I could show my creative side at work. Buuut, I can't, and if I want to keep my job, I've gotta deal with it.

So here's my dilemma-how do you make an all-black wardrobe chic and stylish? I feel like I'm an extra on the Addam's Family set, not a fab "beauty advisor". 

I usually try to incorporate some bright and fun accessories (like this awesome tribal feeling necklace I bought at Charlotte Russe), but I still end up feeling drab. I also do a lot of layering, but it still doesn't help.

Help me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment