Tuesday, February 21, 2012

American Rag at Macy's!

Usually when I think of this brand, I think of "Little House on the Prairie" fashions. Lots of small floral patterns. maxi skirts, ruffles, all that type of stuff. But now, it seems their style has evolved and now includes tribal patterns, cut-outs, and a more eclectic and funky vibe. I'm totally diggin' it and love some of their new stuff. 


I love the simple black and white print on this. I'm usually not a huge fan of the "mullet dress", but I think in this case, it works. LOVE the orange wedges they paired with it, and surprisingly, it doesn't look too Halloween-esque to me. I think a bright blue would be gorgeous as well. A black/silver/gold lace up sandal would also work. 


I'm a huge fan of jumpsuits and rompers. Huge. I love everything about them, which truly makes me believe I was meant to be a disco belle from the 70's. Can I just say that I'm loving on the high bun too? This is a beyond perfect vacation piece and I love how it has the pockets. Since I'm a hippie at heart, I'd wear it off the shoulders with some killer bangles and sky high heels. Maybe take it all the way and go with some platform heels, kinda like this...
Qupid Heigl 59 Green Velvet Peep Toe Platform Pumps

I'm obsessed with aqua lately. Specifically aqua and red. It's such a pretty combo that I can't get enough of. Matter of fact, I'm redoing my living room in a simliar combo-coral and navy. Oh, and my kitchen is blue and red-notice a pattern here? Obviously, this combo works, I mean, it's been on our flag for ages. ;)
Anywho, this bustier top is super feminine, but still structured enough to look put-together enough for drinks. They've paired it with dark denim, but I think it would be SO perfect with a lighter wash, and some colorful heels (the aqua Loubs are coming to mind, but we won't even go there).
Coral Faux Leather Peep Toe Slingback Cork Platform HeelsGold Over Silver Moonstone Flower Earring

I know I already posted a jumpsuit, but I saw this romper and I had to share it. I think it's so adorable, and the hearts make it perfect for a date night! I like the belt, but I'm not 100% sure I'd have it showing, or if I'd even wear it at all. I love how the possibilites are endless here-you can make this outfit as sexy or as innocent as you choose. I'm gonna go with sexy, since it is date night, after all. 

Red Faux Suede Cinch Strap Decor Slingback HeelsSnake Skin PU Leather Envelope Clutch - Black, Gift Idea

That's it for right now, I had a blast with this post, hope you enjoyed it as much as me!

Happy Shopping!
Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment