Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mixing Prints: Ferocious

I'm with Snooki: I dig animal prints. By the time I was about 13, my room was decked out in leopard (this was after my blow-up furniture phase of the late 90's), and I still cannot turn away from it. It speaks to me, so it makes me happy that I can still get away with wearing it. 

Mixing prints can be daunting, but when you stick to a monochromatic color scheme, it doesn't have to be scary! Since both the tank and the shorts are black and white, they can easily be worn together. I  would love a neon pop of color somewhere, and that can be snuck in the bandeau or a fun bracelet. Try hot pink wedges too!

This tank makes me feel like I'm 26 trying to be 16, but I don't care. I love the tiger's face, and it makes me feel fierce. So if you see me in Target wearing this, with my bandeau peeking out, please don't laugh. Look at me and think, "I wanna be as cool as her when I'm that old". Thanks.

 



Tank: Forever 21 (similar)
Shorts: H&M (here)- a steal at $9.95!
Bandeau: Walmart


No comments:

Post a Comment