Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pinterest! Are you following me?

I know I'm not the only one thoroughly obsessed with Pinterest. I'm ashamed to admit that I probably spent about 2 hours total today browsing the site (and then went to Michael's to buy a thousand pieces of scrapbook paper I probably didn't need). The one thing I don't like about it though, is how envious I become of all the beautiful, expensive, and difficult-to-make things that people are constantly pinning. I will admit though, the inspiration you get from that site is ahmazeballs. I've made a bunch of cool crafts for our home, and have also found new ways to wear what's already in my closet. Oh, and our dinner menus have definitely received an upgrade. ;)

Aaanyways, I wanted to make a post specifically dedicated to what I've recently found on Pinterest and some of my old faves. If you aren't following me already, head on over there and search for me: @carriejane. If you need an invite (because you've been living under a rock and haven't signed up yet), feel free to leave me a comment with your e-mail and I'll send you one!

simple white tube top, maxi skirt, and belt. love this simple and fresh look.

Maxi skirt + tube top + oversized belt = effortless chic.
Don't forget your big sunnies and a clutch. 





there will come a day when i have the guts to wear a headwrap.

Head wraps...sigh...need I say more?!

<3

This is flared jeans done right. When you go fitted on the bottom (as in the pants), a looser top looks great. Her pants are the perfect length as well, covering to the toes of her heels. You don't want them to drag too much, but you also don't want them to be too short. Always remember, you can buy jeans that may be too long and take them to a seamstress to be hemmed. It's usually less than $10 for your pants.

I WANT THIS SKIRT.OBSESSED with high waists.

Love me some high waisted skirts (they gotta be full) and tanks. Throw a blazer over it to take it from day to night and you're set. I love the "unkeptness" of the first look-strands of long necklaces and the belt (not to mention the long, gorg, hair), but I also love the structured feel of the second one. Either way, they both hit the nail on the head with this look.

love the neon!

This is neon done right. The nude heels don't detract from the POP! of color that the dress adds, and the necklace adds just enough extra pizzaz.
P.S. Check out the boutique where this look came from, they have some ah-dorable things!

denim on denim

I'm sure this look can be made with items already in your closet...
-Jeans?
-Denim shirt?
-Oversized scarf?
-Motorcycle jacket?
-Heels?
I've got 'em all, do you? Doesn't she look cozy and warm? You could totally add a fuzzy beanie for extra cold days and replace the heels with boots.



I have a TON more looks on my "fabulous fashion" board, so head over and check it out.
If I'm not already following you, leave a comment with your link and I'll be sure to follow ya!

Happy Pinning, lusties!

blank-2

No comments:

Post a Comment