Monday, June 25, 2012

Twenty-Six


Every year, the age old "what dress do I wear for my birthday?!?!" panic sets in and I set out on the hunt to find the perfect little party dress. I usually find something I like, but it's never anything I havetohave, ya know? Here, take a look back on some of my previous birthday fashion mishaps.

 
21- Obvs towards the end of the night...probably a smart idea to wear jeans...

22-Totally rocked the feathers and big hair that night...

23- VIP in a LBD...

24- Hot mess in a tight skirt and tank (gotta give myself credit-2 months post-baby)...

25- Jeans and a tee-spent the night playing Quelf and going midnight swimming...

So here we are, about to celebrate 26 and feeling the need to break out a killer outfit and have one word come to mind when my husband sees me...

STUNNING.

So here are a couple runners-up (runner-uppers? runner-ups?), thoughts?

Evening News Backless Neon Pink DressEvening News Backless Neon Pink Dress
I'm just loving the back of this neon pink dress from Lulu's, it'd definitely be perfect for a night out, not too dressy, but not too casual either-I think I'd fit in ok around here, considering the local uniform is Wranglers, flannel, and shitkickers. 

Just Playin' Mint Green RomperJust Playin' Mint Green Romper
Are you noticing a pattern here? Kinda obsessed with the backless look. I don't know if it's because my back is one of the few body parts I still like, or if I'm just feeling the need to show some skin, but either way, this romper is HAWT. Love the minty green and the deep v-neck in the front. This would be super sexy with some platform heels and bangles. Mmmm...

Summer Breeze Strapless Green Dress
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color of this one, and I love how casual it is too. I'm thinking funky bracelets (a TON) and some super strappy wedges. Oh, and hair def needs to be in a messy bun, right? ;)


So, I'm still hunting, but that neon pink dress is still at the top of my list. I'm kinda sorta in love. 

blank-2




No comments:

Post a Comment