Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SEQUINS!

Yes, I said it. In all caps. Which, in internet speak, meant I was yelling...
SEQUINS! SEQUINS! SEQUINS!

Ok, but seriously, how can you not love sequins? I'm not talking Liza Minnelli-esque sequined shorts, blazer, and top hat (although that was pretty fab), but something a bit more simple and easy to pull off (are you noticing a trend here?). I have this pair of gold peep toe sequin pumps that I love. Unfortunately, I don't have many places that would be appropriate to wear them. The good news is that there are plenty of pieces you can work into your every day wardrobe (yes, even for work) with sequins. 

I finally found a sequined blazer that didn't break the bank (Maria, this is the closest thing I could find!), that was inspired by a look Lauren Conrad was rockin' one night. It's a little boxy, and I wish it were a more relaxed fit, but I think this could work. You could dress it down with jeans and a white tank (with some killer heels, of course), or pair it with a sexy little mini dress and some peep toe pumps for a night out.

This cardigan is a little less "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M WEARING SEQUINS!" and more subdued. I'm not quite sure why they chose to button it all the way up or the elastic waist jeans they paired it with-they look like the maternity pants I used to wear-but the cardigan itself is actually pretty adorable. I would wear it with a navy blue striped tank underneath. Something about the pink and navy just seems like it would go well together.

I've always loved these beanies, but I've never been able to pull them off. I always look like an uber-douche in hats, so I avoid them all together. There are so many girls (and guys!) that can pull this off, and I'm super jealous of them! I think it's perfectly paired with a comfy white or gray tee, some skinnies, and some leather booties. 

I really love this tote bag. If you need a new way to add a little spice to your school bag, this is the way to do it! It's definitely a "notice me" bag, but I don't see any issue with that!

OH MY GOSH-I looooooooooooooove this little jacket! It's perfect, absolutely perfect. I'm not too fond of the pleather skirt and hat with this jacket either, but the it was too cute to pass up! The gray tee underneath really brings out the color of the jacket. It's that greige color I was talking about earlier. Ya dig?

There's so many other options of things you can buy to incorporate sequins into your wardrobe. Headbands, earrings, purses, shoes, bracelets, the list goes on and on. It's all about having an open mind and trying new things outside of your comfort zone. I mean, you can wear a black blazer, black dress pants, and a white button up shirt to work every day, but maybe next time you're out, pick up a sequined ribbon belt to add a little bit of funk to your uniform. Even if no one else can see it, at least you know it's there and that might be the pick-me-up you need to get through that last hour or two of work.

Ok, so now I'm turning the tables on you guys...I want to see your sequins!  


No comments:

Post a Comment