Monday, June 13, 2011

It's been awhile, my friends...

Holy wowzers, I've been slacking on my posts! Inspiration just hasn't been hitting me lately, even though I've bought the newest issues of In Style and People Style Watch. It's a bummer!

It's also been cold here, which doesn't help the whole Summer vibe. When I say cold, I'm talking mid-60's. That is NOT acceptable in June. Mother Nature needs to get her shizz together and realize that it's time for at least low-80's.

I'll tell you what I've been obsessed with lately...sundresses. I found the CUTEST, most adorable, 50's inspired sundress at Marshall's the other day, but it didn't fit me right (welcome to post-pregnancy, where nothing fits you anymore because your bod bod is shaped all funky). It was red with white polka dots on it. The front had a little "collar" type thing on the bust, along with three buttons. It would have been perfect for sipping Cokes down by the river-because I do that so often. I wish it would have fit.

Whenever I go shopping, I look for something that has a unique pattern to it. I'm sick of wearing solid colored sundresses, I want something with PIZZAZ! This Ikat Print Drawstring Dress ($19.80) from Forever 21 is sooo pretty and such a refreshing print. I love the orange and gray together, it just looks so right!

Tribal prints are really catching my eye tonight, and I think of all the fun possibilites for accessories. This Electric Tribal Dress ($19.80) also from Forever 21 isn't for the weak, but doesn't it make you happy just by looking at it?

Ok, I have a confession to make. I was going to hold it in, but I can't. I have a dirty little secret sitting in a plastic H&M bag on my bedroom floor. I bought a pair of high waisted khaki shorts. I was worried that I might look like a Jersey girl straight outta an 80's rom com, but they're surprisingly modern when paired with the appropriate top! I changed out of my jammies just to take a picture for all you lusties so you can see. I paired mine with a plain white tank from Target and a gold and turquoise necklace from F21. I did buy a cream colored tank from H&M that says, "Here Comes Trouble" in gold sequins, but didn't feel that snazzy tonight. ;)

(Please excuse my dirty mirror, I am the SLOPPIEST person when it comes to brushing my teeth, toothpaste seems to end up everywhere)

So there we have it. My newest fashion risk. I'm trying to buy new things "outside the box" this Summer and H&M is definitely the place to go. They have so many inexpensive pieces (their bikini separates start at like $4.98 which is a freakin' STEAL) that you can mix and match all Summer long! Check them out and try some new stuff, what can it hurt?

Alrighty, I'm donezo for the night. I need to hit the hay, I have so much wedding planning to do this week that I can't even think straight!

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment